Monday 5 March 2007

very lady like

I'm sure there is a manual somewhere that explains with intimate details how a lady is supposed to behave in different contexts throughout her life. I imagine it also has a general rules chapter with details that go from the eye movement language to personal hygiene. I am positive that due to some general circumstances beyond my control like when, where and to whom I was born, and some personal characteristics and beliefs of my own making, I could be the epitome of how NOT to do it to become a lady.

Sunday afternoon, a sunny day in a typical european winter. A big park, the trees bare, the soil wet under a carpet of leaves. Groups of boy scouts, same uniform but different scarfs playing to their parents joy the game of 'the more the mud, the better'; couples of all ages with their dogs, with their children in prams, bicycles, skates... you name it; sporty people jogging in stripy leggings, same uniform but different colour combination. A typical winter sunday afternoon.

I was in one of the accessorize-free couples walking in the park, well prepared for the chilly wind with several layers of clothing, onion style, happily enjoying the shy sun after what seemed many moons of rain. As well as observing my fellow park goers I was also trying to eye the place where you unequivocally need to go when you are in the middle of a park. As the incredibly nonexistent facilities didn't materialise, I had to resort to find a tree wider than my behind in a relatively quiet walk path and rush to do a nano second pee. 'Very lady like' is what the jogger that saw me must have thought.

No comments: