Monday 13 July 2009

visits and voyages

i now sleep, eat and study in a harry potter like environment, minus the magic (photos to follow)
i landed in white human being kingdom from the black human being republic, worlds apart in many more ways than the colour or the type of state

my last days in the black human republic were coloured by a very special visit, the best and most easy going visitors ever: curious, relaxed and accommodating to the circumstances and any plan proposed (MUAK! to both!)
seeing the country, its people and customs through new eyes, and providing mine to theirs
talking, about life, love, ghosts and sins; discussing the ethereal and the human, the past, the present and the future

a brief visit by my other half also coloured those last days before my current harry potter life, a work tainted rediscovery, a ray of sunshine after months of gloomy days, a wink for a future, still to be worked out, a smile in my face

my welcome to the white kingdom was great, initially provided by my viking friend, who led me through what felt the marsh of london transport; followed by the ladies, some red hair smiles, some pregnant, some practising motherhood with no children of their own

a bus ride, a good night sleep, a welcoming reception, a (few) glass of champagne and 6 thick (very) reading materials.....my company for the next month

No comments: