Wednesday 27 August 2008

(un)plan(ned)

life is a rollercoaster and learning to enjoy the ride, up AND down, is, i reckon, the base for happiness
in the beginning of my life, as a result of a cultural and family inheritance, it was about planning and achieving goals, set by me, others and society alike
i did ok; i achieved the basic ones but it came a point where "the plan" simply didn't appeal to me, or maybe i didn't fit in that plan, so i flew, away
in that new life, i got mentors that helped me get out of the plan-mentality-box and taught me to live happily without so many details, plans and expectations
as it happens, the student overpassed the mentors and i threw myself into the pan of the unknown
i will admit that i didn't enjoy the downs of the rollercoaster as much as the ups but i did learn, albeit the hard way, to go with the flow
the natural next step, a wish as opposed to a plan, to not only go but enjoy it!
now, the world found me a place where practising that will be my everyday, for the continent, countries, organisation and colleagues i have, will not allow otherwise: plan a two week mission to a foreign country, you have 24 hours
yey!

No comments: