Sunday 5 August 2007

My first hours

My research on the internet proved successful. I was prepared and had no expectations. It’s a poor country; a brownish colour landscape with bits of greenery and as usual the most colourful part is women’s dresses.

I was met in the airport by the organisation logistics man who managed to get me out of all queues in a nano-second. My luggage had arrived, in its totality and, safe; my relief as big and long as the journey.

I was taken to my Villa. That’s right; I have a villa in a compound, which at the moment is occupied by me and some passing travellers. At the end of the month it will be full of my organisation’s colleagues, each occupying a nice and big villa, fully equipped (TV, microwave, fridge, stove, hot water…) and in fact, bigger than some of my previous houses. The newly constructed compound has 7 villas, a woman who cleans them and a security guard with an AK-47, the people’s gun!.

No comments: